News & Events
- Lemieux to Lead Oregon and Washington Sales
- PSS Supplies Campbell County Memorial Hospital in Wyoming
- Dixie Regional Medical Center Receives Horton Ambulance
- Bigfork Fire Department Receives Horton from PSS
- PSS Supplies Kane EMS Utah with Horton
- Washakie County EMS in Wyoming Orders Ambulance
- PSS Provides Ambulance to Juab County Utah
- PSS Receives Order from Piute County Utah EMS
Horton Type 1
Widely recognized as the "workhorse" of the Fire/EMS class of trucks, Horton’s Type I ambulance offers all the added benefits of a truck chassis for both large city fleets and small rural areas. Type I vehicles provide dependable support and optional rugged four-wheel drive power.
Engineered from the ground up, the Horton Type 1 come standard with Horton's exclusive occupant protection system (HOPS) for rollover crashes; extra sound and thermal protection; Intelliplex, multiplexed electrical system; and VI-Tech mounting system.
Model options include:
- Model 403 (137” module) offers a basic, compact package that serves both public and private EMS providers.
- Model 453 (146” module) is the staple of many big city fleets and combines ample storage with a vehicle that can skillfully handle urban streets.
- Model 457 (157” module) pairs a larger patient area with Type I functionality. Optional Crash Barrier Configuration provides a true safety barrier at the head of the squad bench.
- Model 603 (167” module) offers a variation of the Horton body, designed to fit the space needs of the EMS department.
- Model 623 (173” module) provides ample interior and exterior space and offers the largest standard body paired with the capability of a medium duty chassis.
Horton Type 3
With the comfort of a car-like ride and a tight turning radius, the Horton Type III ambulance remains a popular choice among EMS providers. The cutaway chassis offers a variety of headroom options and the ability to modify the cab to suit your needs. Each model offers numerous compartment and cabinet configurations, from standard designs to fully customized creations.
Each of our Type III vehicles comes standard with: Horton's exclusive occupant protection system (HOPS) for rollover crashes, extra sound and thermal protection, Intelliplex multiplexed electrical system and VI-Tech mounting system.
Horton's Type III is the best offering for those seeking smooth ride and maximum maneuverability. Options include:
- Model 403 (137 ‘ module) a basic, compact package that serves both public and private EMS providers.
- Model 453 (146” module) the staple of many big city fleets, combining ample storage space with a vehicle that can skillfully handle urban streets.
- Model 533 (163” module) designed for EMS departments with space constraints and is a viable alternative to Horton's larger models.
- Model 553 Type 3 (169” module) is Horton's most popular ambulance and offers one of three standard exterior formations and a variety of interior cabinet wall configurations.